Saturday, February 13, 2010

~The Biggest and Best Opening Ceremonies in History~ Part One

*I want to apologize in advanced.  My computer is currently not working so I'm having to update my blog with my dad's work computer.  Since I'm not allowed to download my photos onto here, my blogs are going to be lacking the pazazz I was going for.  I'm hoping my computer is back up and running soon so I can show you some of the amazing photos I took last night.  For now, google images will have to do.**

*Je veux dire desole avant je commence.  Mon ordinateur ne marche pas a ce moment alors, pour la moment, j'ai besoin d'utiliser l'ordi de travaille de mom pere.  Je ne suis pas permis de telechargement mes photos.  Mes postes ne blog ne vas pas etre assez excitent comme j'ai voulu.  J'espere que mon ordinateur va marcher beintot pour que je peut vous montrer mes photos j'ai prise hier soir.  Pour maintenant, les images de google va marcher.

Where to start, where to start.  Last night can only be described in one word, magical.  I was very surprised at the calibre and complexity of these Opening Ceremonies.  From the stage that rose from the ground to the acrobatics.  Everything was absolutley amazing.  I feel so honoured to have been given this oppurtunity, and I am so excited to share it with all of you.

Je ne sais pas ou je peux commencer!  Je peux decrire hier soir dans un mot, magique.  J'ai ete tres etonne par la calibre et complexite des Ceremonie d'Ouverture.  De l'etape qui est venue du plancher, a l'acrobatie.  Toutes les choses etait absolutement incroyable.  Je me sens si honoure avoir ete donne ce oppurtunity et je suis tres excite de partager ca avec vous.

My adventure started at a little hole in the wall Starbucks where I met Christina, our VANOC representative, and Jay, a student from a group called Historica.  From there we set off to the SkyTrain.  It was a quick little ride to BC Place.  We were all herded into the security check points which reminded me a lot of an airport.  (I recommed not taking a huge bag to any of the events because that could easily add a couple of hours onto your security experience)  Thankfully, I was able to fit everything I could into my pockets so security was a breeze.  We were all in and out within 10 minutes.  The walk from security was long, but entertaing thanks to the many proud Canadian citizens who took the time to dress in our colours and make their pride known to anyone who'd listen and some who wouldn't.

Mon aventure a commence a un petit Starbucks ou j'ai rencontrer Christine, notre representatif de COVAN, et Jaym un etudiant d'un group s'apelle Historica.  Apres ca, nous sommes parti pour SkyTrain.  C'etait un voyage tres courte pour aller a Place BC.  Nous etions a avance a la tente de securite qui me rappler d'un aeroport.  (Je veux vous reccomnde de ne pas amener un sac tres large aux les evenements ca peut facilement ajouter quelques heures a ton experience de securite)  J'etait capable de mettre toutes j'avais dans mes poches alors la securite etait facile.  Nous avons fini dans 10 minutes.  La promenade de securite a Place BC etait longue, mais il y avait beaucoup des divertissments grace a les citoyens fier du Canada qui a pris le temps de s'habiller dans les colours du Canada.

When we made it through the doors of BC place, the hype was amazing.  Everybody's spirits were high.  After a little confusion, we found our gate and walked into what I can only explain to be a breath taking sight.  BC Place was transformed into a winter wonderland.  The whole colour plaette consisted of white, light blue and grey which made for a gorgeous winter-like atmosphere.  We found our seats easily and were excited to find a box shaped like a first nations drum containing a poncho, a flashlight, a battery powered candle, a drumstick and a Canadian flag.  Along with the box, was a book that turned out to be the program.  It was filled with letters from dignitaries such as the right honourable Michealle Jean and the Prime Minister, as well as a list of the countries participating this year and a list of performers to perform.  I was so excited when I saw Nikki Yanofski would be singing the national anthem.  She is an AMAZING jazz singer...go on YouTube and check her out!  Our seats were great.  We were behinde the wheelchair section, which was vacant the whole time, so we were able to get some great pictures.  We took our seats, did a photo op and waited for the ceremony to start.

Quand on a entre la Place BC, l'hype etait incroyable.  La esprit de toute le monde etait exaltant.  Apres un peu de confusion, nous avons trouve notre portail et a entre quelque chose que je peut seulment expliquer comme un souffle prend le vue.  Place BC etait transformer dans un pays des merveilles d'hiver.  Les colours etait blanc, bleu leger et gris qui a fait un atmosphere comme hiver.  On a trouve nos sieges facillement et etions tres excite de trouver une boite former comme un tambour des premiers nations rempli avec un poncho, un lampe de poche, un chadaille avec les piles, un batons de tambour et un drapeau Canadien.  Avec la boite etait un livre qui nous avons trouver d'etre la programme des Ceremonies.  C'etait rempli avec les lettres des dignitaires, un liste des pays participants et un liste des performances.  J'etait tres excitant quand j'ai vu que Nikki Yanofski va chanter l'anthem national du Canada.  Elle est un chanteuese de Jazz INCROYABLE.  Nos sieges etaient formidabale.  Nous etions derriere la section fauteuil roulant, qui etait vide pendant la ceremonie, alors les photos que nous etions capable de prendre etait fantastique.  Nous avons pris nos sieges, pris les photos et attender pour la commencement.

End of Part One

1 comment:

  1. WOW great post! It must have been fun!! I went to the final rehershal on Wedsnesday, but I bet it was even more magical for you!!

    ReplyDelete