Friday, January 29, 2010

Together Again...Are you ready?

Hey everyone.  I just wanted to do a quick post telling you what's been going on lately. 

Monday was amazingly awesome.  I had a blast with the Students Live crew when we all got together for a tour of the Olympic Press Centre at Canada Place and a lecture by Theresa Lalonde of CBC.  The Press Centre was amazing.  All I can say is that the press is going to be comfortable for those 2 weeks.  They have everything there!  Fom a built in McDonalds, to a laundromat, to a huge press coonference room, this building was amazing.  We had a great time getting showed around and learning about what's going to be happening there during the Olympic Games.  I feel very fortunate to have had a tour of the Press Centre, and I'll get a picture up soon. 

We had a lot of fun together on Monday.  We came up with our little catch phrase...."Are YOU ready?, and filmed a quick little video ad to showcase what we have been and are going to do.  I encourage you to check it out at http://www.studentslive.ca/

When we got together, we also found out our event placement.  What events we will each be individually covering during the games.  The anticipation was very high in the room.  I am very pleased with my events.  I have the honour of going to the:

-The Opening Ceremonies
-Womes Hockey (FIN vs. RUS) 
-Mens Snowboard X
-Victory Ceremony on the night of the above.

I am so happy with all of my events and I can't wait to get started. 

Thats all I have for now!  I'll update in a few days so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Merci pour l'information!! Ton frere est si fier de toi. Nous pensons que les photos sont incroyables!!! Nous voulons suivre ton blog dans les 2 prochaines semaines...

    La classe de Mme V

    ReplyDelete