Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Long Overdue

I want to begin with saying sorry.  I haven't updated in a while and I hope not to many people have lost interest.  I've been putting off this final post for awhile now.  I would start it and never be able to finish, but this needs to be done.

My time with Students LIVE has been amazing.  I didn't really realize how much had happened until last Monday when Emily Chan showed us the video of pictures she compiled.  Looking back now, it's amazing how much happened in such a short period of time.  I went from not even knowing what a blog was to blogging every night for 3 weeks in a matter of months.  It seems like just yesterday I was reading the bulletine board with all the essay contests and stuff, while waiting for the bus, and I stumbled upon the advertimement for Students Live.  I took the notice home, forgot about it, found it and applied.  I didn't think much of it.  Sure, it might be a fun thing to do, if I don't get it..........well I can't imagine anymore what would've happened if I hadn't gotten it.  Students Live presented so many opportunities I would never have had otherwise.  I went to the Opening Ceremonies for goodness sakes!

I met so many people through the Olympic Games all thanks to Students Live.  Whether it was the other amazing students I worked with, people in my own community involved in the Olympic Games or athletes themselves.  There was no shortage of excitement throughout the games.

Im trying to keep this as light and cherry as I possibly can, but truthfully there are a lot of things I miss.  I just saw the Students Live Crew last Monday for the final time... it's sad.  I heard the I Believe song on the radio...that brought back memories.  I saw a VANOC car for sale at the car dealership today.  After the games a lot of Canadian flags dissapeared off houses.  You could really tell the days after the Closing Ceremonies that post-Olympic depression had set in.

I want to thank everyone involved in Students Live for experiencing the Olympic Games with me.  I want to thank the organizers for giving us all the opportunities we got and making sure we had fun and kept safe. I want to thank everyone I interviewed for their time. I want to thank everyone for putting up with my mediocre attempts at French, and I want to thank everyone who took the time to read my blog before, during and after the games.

Now I will definitly continue blogging.  Probably not everynight mind you, but enough to keep up to date and current.  I will blog on many different subjects now.  Anything that I think is interesting or needs to be brought to attention will end up here, so keep tuned!

I need to get back to Career Planning class now :).  Thanks everyone for sharing my Olympic Experience!

PS..... GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......Penguins...I love you too.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment